Saturday, April 18, 2015

All in a Name.

Small book. Should not take 8 years to read, right? Right. Well, I did read this book in one night, but I did not do all the 72 Names of God Kabbalistic meditations. In my world, life is here and there and all over the place and I was too busy chasing too many paths of self discovery to be disciplined and focused.   Unfortunately for this beautiful little book, it occupied my floor, next to my bed where it was of no use to my life - which is why I bought it in the first place. I bought this book to give me an insight into Kabbalistic thought and practice via meditation.



In this little red bound book each name given for God in Hebrew is coupled with a brief definition and paired with a meditation to help clear one's internal muddy waters. As a reader and meditator you can time travel, recapture sparks, make a miracle, eliminate negative thoughts, heal, enhance your dream state, gain some sexual energy, remove hatred, stop fatal attractions, dump depression and 62 other personal causes should you want to address them.  

Personally I am a life time committed meditator and I know that learning the art of meditation changed my life for the better. This little book is great for helping one have a focus, and a focus that is geared toward helping one deal better with life and let go of negative self limiting thoughts. For me, using a scripted meditation is not for me, I am more of a let it all go while floating in silence. In my internal silence I experience deep relaxation and often find those lost keys to unlock my creative flow. In addition to relaxing in silence and rediscovering my creativity I also receive answers to navigating what feels like obstacles during meditation and that is where scripted words interfere with my process. I do understand that for many, having a script is very helpful and if that is you this little book it perfect. 

If you are interested in Kabbalistic studies and want to stretch your mind a bit in focused contemplative meditation you may like this little gem. 

You can find The72 Names of God online. I use Amazon for a lot of my book shopping. Here is a brief description of The 72 Names of God via its listing on Amazon.

"Yehuda Berg’s The 72 Names of God Meditation Book is your personal torch to highlight the areas of your life where you need to shine. Through the practice of meditating on the 72 Names of God, you will stir the Light within your soul to help you. See the impact of your decisions before you make them; bring more money into your life whenever you need it; heal yourself physically and emotionally. The 72 Names of God will activate the power of miracles when you need them most."



On to the next book.

Maryanne 


No comments:

Post a Comment